Thank you for participating in our study. Your help is fundamental for our research.
Before proceeding, and if you have not done so, please make sure that you have read the participant information sheet.
Please read the consent statements below carefully and indicate your consent to participate. If you have any questions about any of the items, feel free to email Yiting Cheah at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I confirm that I have read and have understood the information sheet dated 31/08/2021 for the above study, or it has been read to me. I have had the opportunity to consider the information, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily.
2. I understand that this is a two-part study, and that taking part in the study involves responding to an online survey; and if I partake in the second part, it involves downloading and using a mobile app and answering different questions about my study and music listening habits (when prompted) over a period of 6 weeks. I also understand that my participation involves allowing the app to track the music I listen to in some moments.
3. I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I am free to stop taking part and can withdraw from the study at any time without giving any reason and without my rights being affected. I also understand that I am free to decline to respond to any questions.
4. I understand that I cannot ask for access to the information I provide (or withdraw it) because it will not be possible to identify my data due to the anonymisation procedures.
5. I understand that the information I provide will be held securely and in line with data protection requirements at the University of Liverpool.
6. I understand that my data may be shared with other researchers via an online repository or upon request to the authors and that it will not be possible to identify me in any way.
7. I understand that my responses will be kept strictly confidential. I give permission for members of the research team to have access to my fully anonymised responses. I understand that my name (or any other personal details) will not be linked with the research materials, and I will not be identified or identifiable in the report or reports that result from the research.
8. I understand that the results of this study may be published and used for conference presentations and that confidentiality and anonymity will be maintained (it will not be possible to identify me in any publication).
9. I understand that I must not take part if I am under 18 years of age.